Detox Tea | Sleepy Tonic | Creamy Turmeric Latte| Creamy Vanilla Chai Latte |
After a week full of Thanksgiving foods that were just as delicious as they were good for the soul, we’re definitely craving some gut support and a bit of a reset. If you’ve been feeling that post-holiday feast and your digestion is a bit off, you’re going to want in on these gut-boosting drinks that make the perfect nightcap and dessert swap for when you’re craving something sweet.
We’ll be sipping these all week and throughout the holiday season because let’s face it — there are plenty more holiday treats to feast on this month too.
5 Gut-Boosting Drinks That Are Nourishing & Delicious
#1 Detox Tea
I think it’s safe to say that we’re all craving a bit of a detox post-holiday feast, and this warming tea is a great way to show your gut and liver some love!
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 slices ginger
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 drops stevia liquid (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- To make your tea, add the ingredients to a jug of boiling water and stir to combine. If you like a chilled drink, keep it in the fridge and drink it cold.
This tea is made with gut-supporting ingredients like ginger, which research suggests may come with some impressive digestive-supporting properties. A research study found that certain particles found in ginger root supported the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
#2 Sleepy Tonic
Between the shorter days, the colder weather, and the busy holiday season, if your sleep is a bit disrupted lately, you’re not alone. The good news is that this sleepy tonic doesn’t only make a great dairy-free alternative to the traditional warm cup of milk before bed, but you can also add a yummy gut boost to turn this into a gut-boosting drink you’ll be reaching for all season long. The best part? It’s super easy to make with just four simple ingredients.
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 drops vanilla stevia
- Heat the almond milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, stir in the spices and stevia.
- To serve, pour it into a mug and sprinkle with some extra cinnamon.
Add Some Gut-Boosting Ingredients
To add some gut-loving ingredients to this sleepy tonic, consider adding in a sprinkle of ground ginger or turn it into a festive peppermint latte by brewing a mug of peppermint tea first, and then add the almond milk and spices.
Research shows that peppermint tea may offer some digestive soothing benefits. Feeling uncomfortable after a big holiday feast? Consider turning this sleep tonic into a peppermint latte!
#3 Creamy Turmeric Latte
Turmeric lattes have been one of the most buzz-worthy wellness trends over the last few years, and it doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere any time soon. This FitOn PRO creamy turmeric latte is one of our go-to gut-boosting drinks, especially this time of year. It’s the ultimate comforting drink that only requires a few ingredients to make.
- 1 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 drops vanilla stevia (optional)
- Add the milk to a saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add the rest of the ingredients. Remove once heated.
- Pour into mug and enjoy!
This turmeric latte not only contains gut-supporting ginger, but studies have shown that turmeric also comes with some impressive digestive-supporting properties. A research study found that turmeric may positively affect the gut microbiome.
For an added boost, consider adding a sprinkle of black pepper, as piperine (the active compound in black pepper), has been shown to help boost the absorption of the active compound curcumin in turmeric.
#4 Store-Bought Gut-Boosting Drink Options
Looking for some great wellness stocking stuffers this year or a new store-bought tea to add to your 2021 wellness regimen? There are some great store-bought gut-boosting teas and drinks you can grab as well.
Here are some we’re looking at as we look for ways to support our gut this holiday season and well into the new year!
- Full Leaf Tea Co. Organic Heartburn Relief Tea: Made with ginger, turmeric, licorice and marshmallow root, slippery elm, and fennel!
- Celestial Seasonings Tea Well Gut Health: Made with prebiotics, probiotics, and fiber.
- Bonafide Provisions Bone Broth: Great to use as a base for soups or sip on a warm mug with a sprinkle of pink Himalayan sea salt!
#5 Creamy Vanilla Chai Latte
This is the ultimate cozy beverage to curl up on the couch with on a cold winter day. Use this in place of those sugary lattes to satisfy that warm beverage craving. This recipe gets some bonus points, too — it’s both dairy and refined sugar-free!
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 pinch ground cardamon
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 3 drops vanilla stevia (optional)
- 2 vanilla pods
- 4 small cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup cashews, soaked
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add all of the ingredients, except the cashews, and stir gently to combine. Remove from heat.
- Pour the mix into a blender and add the cashews. Blend until your chai is smooth and frothy. Serve in a mug and sprinkle with more cinnamon, if desired.
Add a Gut Boost
Consider adding a scoop of JS Health X FitOn Protein Powder for an added protein and probiotic boost! This protein powder is like no other! Made without any artificial ingredients or sweeteners, it’s an excellent low-carb protein powder option to add to your favorite drinks or to blend into your post-workout smoothie.
Supporting Your Gut This Season
There’s no better time than now to show your gut some love. While this is truly a wonderful time of year, the holidays do tend to come with extra sugar intake and foods we normally wouldn’t eat outside of the holiday season.
So, if your body is craving a bit of a reset right now, consider swapping out dessert for one of these gut-boosting drinks — your gut and tastebuds will thank you!
Need more yummy gut-loving food inspiration?
This 10-Minute Gingerbread Oatmeal is Happiness in a Bowl