Put the blender away — delicious protein powder recipes don’t have to be so predictable! While we love a good smoothie recipe, there are plenty of delicious ways to use protein powder aside from the notorious protein shake. The benefits of protein are undeniable: increased metabolism and satiety, weight management, increased muscle mass… shall we go on?
It goes without saying — this macronutrient is a necessity in our diet. In fact, according to the Dietary Reference Intake (DRI), we should be getting 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight per day.
So, how do we ensure we’re reaching our dietary protein goals? Our favorite way (which just so happens to be the easiest and most delicious, in our humble opinion) is by incorporating protein powder! And, we’re not just talking about any old protein powder recipes. No, we’re talking waist-friendly treats that are just as delicious as they are healthy (think: protein powder whisked into frothy coffee or freshly baked goods like protein-packed donuts, pancakes, and muffins.)
Upgrade Your Protein Powder Recipes with JS Health X FitOn Protein
Before we jump straight to the good stuff (don’t worry, mouth-watering recipes are coming right up) it’s important to note — not all protein powders are created equal. That’s why JS Health X FitOn Protein is made with everything you’ll love and nothing you won’t.
- 100% Vegan
- 100% Natural! NO fillers. NO added sugars. NO chemicals or preservatives.
- Dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free and non-GMO
- Made in two DELICIOUS flavors (Cinnamon Roll and Cookies & Cream)
- Made with gut-loving probiotics
Now that we’re working with the best ingredients let’s create some yummy recipes. We’re sharing four delicious ways to incorporate protein powder into your diet.
4 Ways To Use Protein Powder That Don’t Involve Smoothies
#1 Protein Pancakes
Yes, you can have your cake (your pan-cake, that is) and eat it too. A protein-packed breakfast that tastes like dessert contains 21 grams of protein and is made from wholesome ingredients? Sign us up! When your sweet tooth hits, whip up these FitOn PRO Protein Pancakes any time of the day — one of our favorite protein powder recipes!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 scoop JS Health X FitOn Cinnamon Roll protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tsp baking powder (optional)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Optional toppings: 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- To make the pancakes, place all of the ingredients, except the coconut oil, in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt the coconut oil.
- In batches, pour the batter into a pan until you’ve reached your desired pancake size. Cook one side until you see little bubbles starting to form. Flip carefully and cook the other side until the pancakes are golden and cooked through.
- To serve, divide the pancakes between 2 plates and top with berries and Greek yogurt.
#2 Bircher Muesli
POV: It’s Monday morning. You’re hangry after completing a FitOn HIIT workout and scrambling to get to work on time. Before you empty your wallet on curbside pickup from the cafe down the street (a typical morning), you remember you’ve meal-prepped a week’s worth of JS Health Bircher Muesli, and you give your past-self a big hug. Meal-prep-friendly protein powder recipes that taste like a sweet treat but will sustain you all day long? What’s not to love! And, there’s more — did we mention this recipe is the best (tasting) post-workout meal with the perfect combination of carbs and protein? Try for yourself!
- 1 cup oats, rolled
- 1 cup water
- 1 serving JS Health X FitOn Cinnamon Roll protein powder
- 1 apple, grated
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Handful of strawberries
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the rolled oats with water or milk. Stir to combine.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and allow to soak for 6-8 hours, or overnight.
- Once soaked, combine the oats with the remaining ingredients and stir through.
- Serve immediately! This Bircher muesli can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days.
#3 Chia Pudding With Caramel Sauce
Whether you’re making breakfast, lunch, dessert, or a snack, there’s no wrong time to eat this FitOn PRO Chia Pudding with Caramel Sauce. With less than 10 ingredients (toppings and all!), what may sound like an indulgent meal is actually a healthy treat. Enjoy every fiber-rich, protein-filled bite! Protein powder recipes don’t have to be boring — here’s a guilt-free way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Chia Pudding With Caramel Sauce
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp JS Health X FitOn Cinnamon Roll protein powder
For the caramel sauce:
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp granola
- Place the chia seeds in a bowl and cover with milk of choice. Add the cinnamon and protein powder. Stir to combine.
- Place in the fridge to set for 10 minutes before eating, or overnight.
- To make the caramel, combine the tahini, salt, and maple syrup in a small bowl. Stir until it forms a smooth consistency. If the mixture looks too thick, add a splash of warm water and mix again.
- Serve the chia pudding topped with sliced banana and granola, if using. Drizzle the tahini caramel on top and enjoy.
#4 Protein-Packed Acai Bowl
Acai bowls may seem like the epitome of health, but these tropical delights can be a sugar bomb waiting to happen. While this doesn’t hold true for every bowl, it’s not unusual to discover an overload of fruit, added sugar, and one too many spoonfuls of peanut butter hidden in these recipes. That’s why we love smoothie bowls that double as protein powder recipes! Protein powder replaces some of the not-so-healthy ingredients added to typical smoothie bowls — in fact, it is the secret ingredient to making this acai bowl so thick and creamy!
Protein-Packed Acai Bowl
- 1 packet frozen acai
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 serving JS Health X FitOn Protein Powder
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Toppings: raw cacao nibs, hemp seeds, chia seeds, fresh berries
- Add all of the above ingredients to a high-speed blender
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into a serving bowl and top with desired toppings.
Other Delicious Ways to Enjoy Protein Powder
If you think protein shakes are the only way to enjoy protein powder recipes, think again. Protein powder can be easily incorporated into any meal, any time of the day! It’s an easy, healthy, and delicious way to meet your daily protein needs. Try some of these yummy ideas!
- Whisk a spoonful of Cinnamon Bun Protein Powder into your coffee
- Add a serving to your favorite energy balls recipe
- Mix protein powder into your oatmeal (protein oats, anyone!?)
- Sneak a scoop into any baked goods like muffins, donuts, or pancakes
- Create a protein parfait by adding a spoonful to your yogurt bowl
Say Goodbye to Boring Protein Powder Recipes
Gone are the days of watered-down protein shakes! With so many ways to incorporate protein into your diet, why opt for boring protein powder recipes? If you’re looking for inspiration in the kitchen, give some of these meals a try! Whether you’re trying to maximize your gains in the gym or simply looking to boost the nutritional value of your meals, creating your own protein powder recipes is a great way to enjoy a delicious, nutritious treat while helping you reach your fitness goals.