Eggs are a refrigerator staple. Whether you use them to make your favorite treats, enjoy an egg omelet every morning for breakfast, or just have leftover eggs sitting around, you may be wondering what to do with them. While we love a good hard-boiled egg, there’s only so many we can eat before our taste buds crave a change! So, before you stare at the dozens of cartons in your fridge and wonder how to use them up, try our high-protein leftover egg recipes.
Delicious Meal Ideas For Leftover Eggs
One thing is for sure – with delicious protein-packed recipes like these, food waste isn’t an option! So, if you’re scrambled for ideas on how to use leftover eggs, we’ve got some mouth-watering leftover egg recipes that will give you a reason to keep celebrating (in the kitchen) all week long. We’re talking everything from the classic egg sandwich to healthy avocado deviled eggs.
Plus, these protein-rich recipes are great any time of the year (and can be enjoyed any time of the day)! Let’s get cooking.
Avocado Toast With a Protein Upgrade
Give any Avocado Toast a protein-packed upgrade! Add leftover eggs on top of your toast for a delicious, balanced meal.
Kale, Avocado & Carrot Salad
How to use leftover eggs and leftover carrots? Combine them together in a warming, seasonal salad! Try adding a few hard-boiled eggs to our FitOn Pro Kale, Avocado, and Carrot Salad.
Give your classic egg sandwich a healthy twist. Make a stacked sandwich by layering leftover eggs between two slices of toasted sweet potatoes alongside crispy bacon (or tempeh) and dairy-free cheese.
Veggie Stir Fry
Veggie stir-fries make for simple and versatile leftover egg recipes – plus, this is a great way to clean out your fridge! Saute your favorite veggies with coconut aminos and throw in some diced leftover hard-boiled eggs at the end.
Create a protein-rich meal in under 5 minutes by mashing your leftover eggs to create an egg salad. Simply mix the mashed eggs with a tablespoon of mayo, greek yogurt, or avocado, then add in your favorite spices and fresh herbs!
5 High-Protein Recipes to Make With Leftover Eggs
#1 Breakfast Tortilla
If you’re wondering how to use leftover eggs, we’ve got you covered with this ingenious TikTok tortilla hack made the best way – breakfast style. Combine your leftover eggs with three of your favorite breakfast toppings, placing each topping in its own quadrant. The magic happens when you fold it together – you’ll get a portion of each ingredient in every bite! Once you try this trending TikTok recipe, you’ll never make a tortilla the same way again!
- 1 large (burrito style) tortilla
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, mashed
- Teaspoon of oil to heat skillet
Choose three more toppings for the remaining three quadrants:
- Extra protein options: pre-cooked cooked ham, pre-cooked bacon, pre-cooked sausage, or your favorite pre-cooked protein
- Sauce or Creamy fillings: ½ mashed avocado, salsa, or cream cheese
- Shredded cheese or roasted veggies
- Cut a slit from one edge of the tortilla toward the center.
- Place the four ingredients in the four quadrants of the tortilla
- Fold the first quadrant over the second quadrant
- Fold the second quadrant over the third quadrant
- Create a triangle by folding the last quadrant
- Lightly grease a skillet with oil and add your tortilla
- Toast the tortilla on medium heat, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side
- Plate and serve!
#2 Egg Bowl
One of the best parts about leftover egg recipes? They make for quick, nutritious meals like this FitOn Pro Egg Bowl. When you’re in the mood for a savory meal that will leave you feeling satiated and nourished, look no further. And, if you already have pre-cooked potatoes handy – even better! Save some time in the kitchen and throw in any leftover ingredients.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 handfuls mixed greens
- ¼ avocado, sliced
- Handful of almonds
- ½ sweet potato, roasted or gluten-free toast
- Peel and set aside your leftover eggs.
- Heat the oil in a medium, non-stick frying pan, then add mixed greens and sauté until they’re slightly wilted.
- To serve, plate the cooked eggs, sautéed greens, avocado, almonds, and a slice of your favorite toast or the roasted sweet potato.
#3 Avocado Deviled Eggs
We consider avocados and eggs the savory version of peanut butter and jelly – simply put, they are perfect together. So, why not combine them for a healthy take on deviled eggs? Swap the mayo for a nutrient-rich fat substitute like avocado. We guarantee this will be a go-to whenever you need leftover egg recipes!
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime (or lemon) juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped green onions or cilantro
- Sprinkle of smoked paprika and sea salt (optional)
- Peel your pre-cooked hard-boiled eggs, then cut them in half lengthwise.
- Scoop the egg yolks into a large bowl and set egg whites aside on a separate platter.
- Add the avocado, lime juice, dijon mustard, black pepper, garlic powder, and herbs into the bowl with the egg yolks. Mash together until incorporated.
- Scoop a spoonful of filling into the center of each egg white.
- Garnish with smoked paprika and a sprinkle of fresh herbs (optional)
#4 Egglicious Cauliflower Pizza
Are you searching for leftover egg recipes that use up your fresh and pre-cooked eggs? Well, you’re going to want to add this Cauliflower Pizza to your recipe list! If you’ve ever had breakfast pizza, you know eggs make for a perfect topping – that’s why we’re adding them to this FitOn Pro recipe!
Luckily, this spring-inspired (and low-carb) meal is delicious at all times of the day! So, go ahead and satisfy your pizza cravings in a healthy way while using up your leftovers.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1½ tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 handful mozzarella, shredded (optional)
- 1½ tbsp fresh rosemary
For the toppings:
- 3-4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 ½ tbsp ricotta
- 1 basket cherry tomato, halved
- ½ eggplant, sliced
- 2 ½ tbsp pesto
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor, and blend until it forms a rice-like consistency. You can either steam the cauliflower first or use it raw; it works both ways. Alternately, use store-bought cauliflower rice.
- Place the cauliflower in a clean tea towel and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Don’t skip this step, as it’s the key to making a crispy pizza base.
- In a mixing bowl, place the cauliflower, whisked eggs, almond meal, coconut flour, cumin or curry powder, olive oil, mozzarella (if using), rosemary plus salt and pepper. Press the mixture firmly.
- Place the cauliflower mixture in the center of the tray. Place a sheet of baking paper on top and use your palms or a rolling pin to flatten it into a circle. Top the pizza with pesto, ricotta, eggplant, and cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the base is firm and slightly browned. You may also want to add more seasoning, plus some extra olive oil.
- While the pizza is cooking, peel and slice your leftover hard-boiled eggs.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before slicing.
- Top with sliced hard-boiled eggs, and serve!
#5 Healthy Pesto Zoodles with Hard-Boiled Eggs
This FitOn Pro recipe is inspiring us how to use leftover eggs while introducing veggies onto our plate. This Healthy Pesto Zoodles recipe is the perfect refreshing meal made with fresh, seasonal veggies with a pop of green!
And, the addition of leftover eggs gives this meal a delicious protein boost, making it more filling without being heavy. Give it a try!
- 2-4 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 2½ tbsp pesto
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Peel and set aside your leftover eggs.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the spiralized zucchini to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the chopped broccoli, pesto, spring onion, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until combined and heated through.
- Serve with 1-2 leftover eggs per serving and a sprinkle of chili flakes.
A Delicious Spin on The Traditional Egg Dish
We hope you love these delicious ideas for how to use leftover eggs! With fresh, seasonal ingredients, eating protein-rich meals never tasted better. Now that you have yummy breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipe ideas, your leftover egg supply will be gone before you know it!
Want more healthy recipes? Join FitOn PRO for access to personalized meal plans and exclusive recipes to reach your fitness goals faster without counting calories and with foods you’ll love to eat.