Chocolate + avocado, an unexpected — yet seemingly perfect — match. If you’ve only enjoyed avocado in savory recipes, we’re about to blow your mind with this low-sugar keto and paleo-friendly dessert. The chocolatey flavor perfectly complements its rich and creamy texture — and if that wasn’t perfect enough, it’s also low in sugar! All you need are four simple ingredients and less than 5 minutes. And if you’re not a chocolate lover, simply leave out the cocoa! Ready to dig in? Grab a spoon and let’s get mixing!
Dessert With (Health) Benefits
If you love avocado and dessert and are looking for a healthier and low-carb sweet treat, this recipe is for you! Loaded with health benefits, here’s why you’ll love this recipe:
- Thanks to creamy avocado, it’s loaded with heart-healthy omega 3s
- It’s a rich source of antioxidants and polyphenols with the addition of cocoa
- Contains gut-healthy fiber to boost digestion and balance blood sugar
- It’s rich in enzymes from manuka honey that support the immune system
- Avocado and full-fat coconut milk supply healthy fats to promote satiety, reduce sugar cravings, and boost energy
Easy & Healthy Four-Ingredient Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Made in less than five minutes with four simple ingredients, what’s not to love? Both decadent and delish, this low-sugar dessert deserves a spot on your plate. Plus, it’s made from whole food ingredients — with zero artificial ingredients, you can enjoy this guilt-free!
And, it’s easily adaptable. Leave out the chocolate for a vanilla alternative, or toss in some dairy-free chocolate chips and take the chocolate flavor to the next level! You can even add a teaspoon of superfoods, like maca or reishi powder.
How to Make Low-Sugar Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 1 whole ripe avocado, pitted & peel removed
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tsp. Manuka honey
- 2-3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder, (optional)
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract, (optional)
Step #1: Add all ingredients to a blender, adding in any optional ingredients such as cocoa or vanilla extract.
Step #2: Blend until smooth. Taste test and adjust ingredients as needed. Enjoy!
Grab a Spoon and Dig In
Ready to satisfy your tastebuds with this healthy and decadent dessert? Follow the recipe above or customize it to your liking! Enjoy it as a sweet satiating breakfast, healthy pre-workout meal, or guilt-free dessert.