If you’re looking to get toned, strengthen your body all without the use of weights, resistance bands may just become your new best friend. Resistance bands are ideal for at-home workouts, small at-home gym set-ups, and for anyone who travels a lot and wants to bring their workouts with them on the go.
If you want to learn how to tone your entire body without lifting a single weight, read on.
What are Resistance Bands?
First, let’s break down what resistance bands are. They are either flat or looped, and they add resistance (shocking, right?) without you actually having to use weights. This works great when you are trying to tone your arms, legs, or just get some total body definition.
Another cool thing about resistance bands is that you can purchase different kinds depending on the difficulty level you are looking for, from light to super heavy for those who are really wanting to get an intense workout in.
Benefits of Resistance Bands for Exercise
Ok, so what are the benefits? Besides the fact that they can be used in place of weights for those who may not have the space to store bulky exercise equipment, or those who would just prefer them, there are so many other great things about them.
Here are some of our top reasons we love using resistance bands in our FitOn workouts.
- Travel-friendly: Toss them in your suitcase to use on the go when traveling.
- Great for all Fitness Levels: No matter where you are at in your fitness journey, there’s a one that will work best for you. Start with a lighter resistance if you are just starting out, and pick a heavier resistance for a greater challenge.
- Great for Total Body Toning: They aren’t just great for toning your arms, you can also use them to help tone your legs and your glutes. They are pretty much awesome for total body toning. Win!
- Small-space Friendly: Don’t want to clutter your home with lots of weights? They are great because you can toss them into a cute basket as a simple way to store them, and no one would ever know they were there. Resistance bands are also perfect for apartment living. If you have a very tight space set up as a home gym and don’t have room for bulky exercise equipment., they’re great as well.
Resistance Bands Workouts
Convinced yet? We totally think you should give resistance bands a try and see how they can improve your workout routine. Here are some workout ideas to help get you started.
- Incorporate them into your FitOn workouts
- Bicep curls
- Bent-over rows
- Chest press & chest flys
- Lat pull downs
- Glute kickbacks
The Bottom Line
The options with resistance bands are endless. Whenever you would use a weight, you can also use a resistance band instead. The great thing is that they are fairly inexpensive. So go out and treat yourself to a starter pack with various levels of resistance, and try them out! You may be shocked to see just how quickly these bands can help give you that toned and defined look you are after.