Looking to sculpt and strengthen your center? This ab and oblique-focused core workout is for you! No need to spend hours in the gym to get the results you want when you can crush your core in just 13 minutes. And while there’s nothing wrong with wanting toned abs, there are so many reasons to strengthen your core outside of appearance. From improving posture to reducing the risk of injury to supporting functional fitness, building a strong core is crucial when it comes to enhancing your health and fitness. So, let’s get to it!
Ahead, we’re sharing how to sculpt and strengthen your abs in less than 15 minutes. The best part is, you don’t need any fancy equipment to do this workout. In fact, you can do it right in the comfort of your own home. All you need is a mat, your FitOn app, and some motivation to move!
Benefits of Strengthening Your Core
From reducing the risk of injury to supporting your aesthetic goals, here are some of the top benefits of sculpting and strengthening your core:
- Increased stability and balance
- Improved posture and body mechanics
- Reduced risk of injury
- Better spinal stability
- Enhanced functional fitness
- Improved athletic performance
- Low back pain relief, caused by weak core musculature
- Enhanced muscle tone and a sculpted core
- Better breathing mechanics
What to Expect in The Ab Werk Workout Class With FitOn Trainer Kenta Seki
In this ab burner workout, we will guide you through a series of core and oblique-focused exercises specifically designed to engage and challenge your center. From traditional crunches to dynamic movements like bridges, leg circles, and leg lifts, you’ll work your center from every angle and build strength in your core. Performed fully on the mat with no equipment needed, you can press play on this workout anytime, anywhere!
Need to level your workout up or down? We’ve got you covered with simple modifications!
What if You Need to Modify?
While some modifications and alternatives are provided during this ab workout, there aren’t queued suggestions for every exercise. But, if you find yourself needing to modify, don’t wait for our cue! It’s important to listen to your body’s needs and limitations — you can modify the movements at any time.
Here are some suggestions:
If you want to increase the intensity or make it more challenging:
- Increase the range of motion during certain exercises, such as straightening your legs during leg lifts
- Add resistance to your movements, such as holding a dumbbell during your crunch or putting on ankle weights while performing leg lifts
- Incorporate resistance bands into your ab workout routine, for example, during bridges
- Incorporate isometric holds to engage your core muscles for a longer duration
- Slow down the tempo of each exercise, focusing on controlled movements and maximizing the time your muscles spend under tension
- Instead of performing the exercises for the recommended number of repetitions, try adding a few more reps to each set
If you want to lower the intensity:
- Use your hands to stabilize you during balance or stability moves
- Take breaks between exercises as needed
- Instead of keeping your legs extended straight, bend your knees
- Reduce the range of motion, for example, only lifting your shoulder blades off the ground during traditional sit-ups
Sculpt & Strengthen Your Core in Less Than 15 Minutes!
Have 13 minutes to spare? Head to the FitOn app and press play on this spicy ab burner. Beyond achieving sculpted abs, strengthening your core does so much good for your body. So, give this simple and effective exercise a try! Trust us — your core and obliques will thank you.