Let’s talk collagen protein. It’s one of those new health trends that seems to have taken the nutrition scene by storm. From blending it into your smoothie to whisking it into your morning cup of coffee, collagen protein is pretty easy to add to your diet. We’re going to tell you why we think you should.
What is Collagen Protein
First, what even is collagen protein? It actually happens to be the most abundant protein found in the body, and most people know about it due to its ability to help support healthy hair, skin, nails. It’s also super important for those muscles and ligaments you’ve been working out with all of your FitOn workouts.
Collagen protein powder is a great way to boost the collagen in your body which is super important because production tends to slow as we age (bummer, right?) By supplementing, you can keep your collagen levels high which can support your health in more ways than you may think.
5 Reasons You Should Seriously Consider Adding It to Your Diet
Let’s get to the stuff you all came here for, the benefits of adding this protein to your diet.
Let’s take a look at why we think you should seriously consider adding collagen protein powder to your diet.
- Supports Healthy Hair, Skin & Nails.
- Helps keep our skin looking supple and radiant (say hello to youthful looking skin)
- Helps give structure to our tendons and ligaments.
- Boosts gut health & may even be super beneficial for those with leaky gut to seal up those tight junctions in the gut.
- Makes for the ideal post-workout protein source to add to your post-workout smoothies. Plus, if you choose one of our top picks below, you don’t have to worry about adding any yucky artificial ingredients to your post-workout shakes. Collagen protein can make a great clean option.
How to add Collagen Protein to Your Diet
Want to know how to add collagen protein to your diet? It’s seriously so simple, and it won’t even alter the flavor of your recipe. It’s a total no-brainer!
Here are four ways to get it into your diet.
- Blended into a smoothie
- Sprinkled into a cup of unsweetened coconut or Greek yogurt
- Adding to homemade almond flour pancakes
- Stirred into your morning cup of coffee
Our Fav Collagen Protein Powder Picks
As with any other supplement you would find in health food stores, there are more options than you could probably even keep track of-some better, some not so great.
Here are our top three powder picks.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Protein Powder
- Ancient Nutrition Collagen Protein Powder
- Perfect Keto Collagen
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for an easy to take supplement that can help support gut health, improve the look and feel of your hair, skin, nails, while also being the ideal post-workout refuel powder after an intense FitOn HIIT workout, then collagen powder will be your new BFF. Try adding a scoop to your morning cup of coffee to give yourself an added protein boost first thing in the AM and then enjoy a scoop with a snack between meals to help keep you full and nourished. The options are endless when it comes to adding collagen protein powder to your diet, and the benefits are pretty damn impressive. So, go on, give the all mighty collagen protein a try, it’s the perfect addition to a well-balanced diet.